_______________________________________________

Friday, March 5, 2010

First Aid Course



This week, I attended a very cool course. I was put in a First Aid course which I learned alot from, we learned many ways to help people when they are injured, ways to help people prevent injuries, and many ways of protecting myself from getting infected by others' body fluids and more. It was pretty amazing the stuff we learned as it was alot of very useful and well thought of information and step-by-step rules that could really save someone's life. We learned how to keep someone alive, in the worst of situations, how to heal and prevent infections, toxins, poisons, etc.

One of the most important parts to know is when someone is unconcious, how to pump the heart with compressions and how to give the person some oxygen to keep his heart pumping oxygenated blood, or else the process is pointless and the person will die.

The most important thing its self, and will always remain that way. Your safety. As a trainned emergency rescuer, your most important objective is to protect yourself against your own contamination. Your safety comes before the person that you are treating.

Before ever helping anyone, you must assure that your life is not in danger, the area is safe, and you are protected from any body fluids.

Anyway at the end of the 2-day long course, I got a walet size certificate, prooving that I am certified to the job.

So if you die, make sure to call me. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that course was really good to take. I'm glad we did it. I would advise anyone that can to take it, it could really be useful. So many simple things can harm you or other people and you should always know how to be prepared and treat it before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete